Friday, November 21, 2008

jog on

So sorry for the long absence but it was because movies were disappointing me. I blame the writer's strike and the threat of the actors striking over the summer. They just wanted to get movies out so they didn't polish them as they should have. I'm pretty sure I saw two movies in late october/early november but the only one I can remember is Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and I'm not even going to write about it because it was a big fat waste of my time. The only good thing that came out of it was Micheal Cera's line, "I'm taking a mental health day". But my faith in movies was restored this weekend...one word, four syllables...



Rocknrolla starring Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton and Mark Strong

Guy Ritchie may have outdone himself. (and seriously good riddance to Madonna) If you are a fan of Snatch or Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels then you will love this movie. The basic plotline is about a London "mob boss" (Wilkinson's character makes it clear that "This ain't the mafia", but that's what it really is) and his dealings with a Russian who moves into London and wants to use his contacts, and is willing to pay for it. The problem is that the money keeps getting stolen, as well as painting on loan from the Russian. What follows is a hilarious story about where the money and the painting end up. Great Cast and a great plot and a promise of a sequel. I will be there on opening night.

No comments: